It is with great honour that I compose this message as your new Chapter Chair for 2020. Having been a member of this great organization for many years now, I am overjoyed to be taking this position in an organization that has been an instrumental part of my professional development. I am excited and energized by the leadership team we have assembled this year! Your Chapter leaders are very excited about the upcoming year and are hard at work. Your board is a dedicated group of high energy professionals, and we are here to see our chapter grow and flourish. I want to thank Frances Roesch for her leadership over the past two years.
I encourage you to be engaged and take advantage of the many benefits of membership.
To support our efforts, I strongly encourage everyone to participate and support the chapter. Time is certainly a precious commodity that we all wish we had more of and I know that we must use it wisely. I ask that you take a moment as we start 2020 and dedicate yourself to committing some of your time to the Chapter.
Looking ahead to 2020, our committees have already been hard at work. Our future is bright and I have never been more optimistic about the road ahead for ACHE Canadian Chapter. We will strive to make our chapter as accessible as possible through better use of technology, meeting the needs of careerists at all levels and geographic locations in Canada. We are here to listen to our members; our door and ears are always open. I invite you to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, questions or suggestions at any time. We welcome the opportunity for dialogue and are here for you, our members!
Personally, the following represent areas of focus in 2020:
- Recruitment and retention – Strive to achieve a net increase of 15. Develop a robust strategy for targeted recruitment of the under-40 demographic.
- Increase the number of our chapter Fellows and increase the number of advancement sessions.
- Move the needle with respect to member communication, engagement and satisfaction. The quality and quantity of communications to the membership will grow – everything from the content of the newsletter, the website, and the LinkedIn account to my regular communication to you.
- Complete a refreshed strategic plan. The current three-year strategic plan was minted in 2018 by the Chapter board and requires renewal. The intention will be to ensure a robust and effective strategic planning process that engages members using the most recent membership engagement survey results. The goal will be to establish a clear, compelling and actionable strategic direction and priorities that will guide the Chapter over the coming three years.
- Update the Chapter Diversity statement.
We can meet these ambitious goals with your input and help. Please connect with me if you can contribute by volunteering with the Canadian Chapter of ACHE. I anticipate an exciting year and I hope to hear from you directly on ideas to move our Chapter forward. I also invite you to visit the Chapter website for information and updates at canada.ache.org
Thank you for your confidence as I serve you during this two-year term.